By means of Provincial Law 15.339 (“Provincial law“), published in the Official Gazette of the Province of Buenos Aires on June 7, 2022, the Province of Buenos Aires has adhered to the Promotional regime of the knowledge economy (“Regime“).
By joining the Regime, by granting tax benefits, the Province of Buenos Aires (“Province“) aims to promote — within its territorial scope — the development of activities that apply the use of knowledge and the digitization of information to obtain goods, provide services and/or improve processes.
- The list of promoted activities included in the provincial law (“Activities promoted“) is appended hereto. The list of promoted activities may be expanded and/or modified by the enforcement authority — to be determined by the executive branch of the province — with prior notification to the province’s tax authority (“Tax authority“).
- Some of the activities promoted are the development and fine-tuning of software products, computer equipment consulting services, data processing, data hosting and services for the use of digital platforms for the marketing of goods and Services.
- Provincial legislation also creates the Knowledge Economy Node Program (“NeCo“) for the purposes of developing the activities promoted, designing public policies for science, technology and production and creating new productive sectors in the province.
- Legal persons that (i) are located in the territory of the province, (ii) carry out – as their main activity – one of the promoted activities, (iii) can prove their registration with the national regime and (iv) are registered with of the NeCo Registry (“Beneficiaries“) will be eligible for benefits under provincial law.
Benefits, stability and tax treatment for beneficiaries
- Those wishing to access benefits under provincial law must register with the NeCo Registry. Enrollees will enjoy stability of benefits, with respect to their promoted activity(ies), from the date they are duly notified of their enrollment in the NeCo Registry and until the duration maximum period during which the national law and its amendments remain in force. effective (December 31, 2029), including possible extensions.
- Certain gross income tax exemptions corresponding to income derived from the development of the promoted activities are granted to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and large enterprises.
- Special advantages will be granted to the poles and/or parks and/or technological districts.
- The continuity of the benefits granted will be revalidated once every two years and up to the maximum period during which the national law and its modifications will be in force (December 31, 2022), including its possible extensions and the provisions of the possible regulation. of provincial law.
- Some of the penalties provided by provincial law for failure to comply with its provisions or filing/reporting false information are suspension of benefits from three months to one year, cancellation of the plan, revocation of registration in as a beneficiary, the payment of unpaid taxes (plus interest) and prohibition to re-enter the register of beneficiaries.
Click here to download the Spanish version.