Buenos Aires, Argentina, May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Banco BBVA Argentina SA (NYSE; BYMA; MAE: BBAR; LATIBEX: XBBAR) (“BBVA Argentina” or “BBVA” or “the bank“) today announced its consolidated results for the first quarter (1Q22), ended March, 31st2022.
From January 1, 2020the Bank has started reporting its inflation-adjusted results in accordance with IAS 29. For ease of comparison, the figures for the comparable quarters of 2021 and 2022 have been updated in accordance with IAS 29 to reflect the cumulative effect of the inflation adjustment for each period up to March 31, 2022.
- BBVA Argentina’s inflation-adjusted net profit in 1Q22 was $4.0 billion27.1% less than the $5.5 billion compared to the fourth quarter of 2021 (4Q21), and 12.3% below the $4.6 billion published in the first quarter of 2021 (1Q21).
- In 1Q22, BBVA Argentina posted an average inflation-adjusted return on assets (ROAA) of 1.4% and an average inflation-adjusted return on equity (ROAE) of 9.0%.
- In terms of activity, total consolidated financing to the private sector in 1Q22 amounted to $413.2 billion, down 8.4% in real terms from 4Q21 and 10.3% from 1Q21. During the quarter, the decrease was mainly explained by a decrease credit card and discounted instruments 9.3% and 17.8% respectively. BBVA’s consolidated market share in private sector loans reached 7.89% in 1Q22.
- Total consolidated filings in 1Q22 totaled $797.3 billion, decreasing by 3.0% in real terms during the quarter and increasing by 1.2% during the year. The quarterly decline is mainly due to demand deposits, which fell by 9.6%. The Bank’s consolidated market share in private deposits reached 7.12% in 1Q22.
- In 1Q22, the non-performing loan (NPL) ratio reached 1.29%, with a coverage ratio of 219.75%.
- The cumulative efficiency ratio in 1Q22 was 72.2%, higher than 69.1% in 4Q21 and slightly lower than 72.5% in 1Q21.
- In 1Q22, BBVA Argentina achieved a regulatory capital ratio of 23.5%, resulting in a $110.1 billion or 188.2% exceed the minimum regulatory requirement. The Tier I ratio was 23.3%.
- Total liquid assets represented 79.6% of the Bank’s total deposits in 1Q22.
1Q22 conference call
Friday May 20 – 12:00 p.m. Buenos Aires weather (11:00 a.m. EST)
To participate, please log in:
+1-844-450-3851 (United States)
+ 1-412-317-6373 (International)
Internet phone: Click here
Conference ID: BBVA
Webcast and replay: Click here
To access the full report, please Click here
To access the webcast presentation, please Click here
About BBVA Argentina
BBVA Argentina (NYSE; BYMA; MAE: BBAR; LATIBEX: XBBAR) is a subsidiary of the BBVA Group, the main shareholder since 1996. In Argentinait has been one of the leading private financial institutions since 1886. Nationally, BBVA Argentina offers personal and corporate banking services to a wide clientele, including: individuals, SMEs and large corporations.
BBVA Argentina’s goal is to offer everyone the era of opportunities, based on the real needs of our customers, providing them with the best solutions and helping them make the best financial decisions through a simple and practical experience. . The institution is based on solid values: “The customer comes first, We think big and We are one team”. At the same time, its responsible banking model aspires to a more inclusive and sustainable society.
Investor Relations Officer
SOURCE Banco BBVA Argentina SA